Riding a motorcycle is fun but it can be dangerous as well, especially at night time when the visibility is low. Being a bike lover, a gym enthusiast, a sales professional, and the owner of Australia’s first online computer store, Steven Spilly has expertise in various fields. In this blog, he has imparted his knowledge about motorcycle riding and has provided a plethora of useful tips that one needs to keep in mind while riding a motorcycle at night. Here are the top ten tips for riding a motorcycle at night:
- Make sure your bike is equipped with proper lighting and reflectors. This will help other drivers see you and your motorcycle on the road. It is very essential that while you’re traveling on the road, you are visible to other road users. This will help you to avoid accidents. You can achieve this by adding proper headlights and reflectors to your bike.
- Wear reflective clothing to increase your visibility to other drivers. You can achieve this by wearing a well-lit jacket. You can wear clothes with neon lighting as well. It is essential to do so because if you aren’t visible to those on the road, it can lead to unfortunate accidents.
- Keep your headlights clean and properly adjusted. It is important to maintain your motorcycle and provide it with regular checkups. Before you go out on a motorcycle ride, make sure that the headlights of your bike are well-adjusted and are working, so that you can see the road in the dark.
- Use your high beams whenever possible to improve visibility. At night, the visibility is very low and that is why you must use high beams. High beams will make the road visible to you and if there are other vehicles on the road then you can easily maintain your distance from them to avoid accidents.
- Stay alert and avoid distractions. Pay attention to the road, your speed, and other vehicles around you. It is necessary to be attentive while riding a motorcycle on the road because there can be many hazards.
- Avoid overloading your senses by limiting the amount of music or other audio you listen to while riding. You should not be listening to any kind of music while riding to avoid mishappenings but if you wish to hear the music you can do so at a low volume.
- Keep your eyes moving and scan the road ahead for potential hazards. You need not only be attentive while traveling on the road, but you also need to notice all the potential hazards such as potholes, speed breakers, etc.
- Use your turn signals early to let other drivers know your intentions. It is essential that you not only use turn signals but you use them at the right time. Every time you take a turn, use the turn signal to indicate to other road users that you are taking a turn.
- Slow down and be extra cautious in areas with limited visibility, such as construction zones or areas with no street lighting. At night, things are not as clearly visible as during the day, and that is why it is necessary to be extra cautious during those hours.
- Avoid riding in the blind spots of other vehicles. If you must pass a vehicle, do so quickly and safely.
By following the above tips, you can ride your motorcycle safely at night. These tips are very useful for those motorcycle riders who wish to travel during the night tips. To learn more about various kinds of motorcycle safety tips and tricks, you can follow Steven Spilly on Facebook.